Sunday, February 8, 2009

Good Old Times

I hear it from all over how good it used to be. Old good times, everybody wants to go back there. I don't. I don't believe anybody needs to go back there; it was not better at all. Don't believe those fairy tales. Let's think about it rationally. Work was much harder without all this vacuum cleaners, washers and dryers, cranes, and bulldozers. This one is obvious, nobody will argue. When they talk about their "good school years", it's always a white city person talking. Schools were segregated and limited. Many kids had to start the hard work at very early age. I should say majority of kids. I think farmers kids could not go to school at other times but winter, because the rest of the year was work. Contagious diseases were killing people of all ages, but especially children. No vaccinations, no modern medicines. Health problems didn't stop there. Because of the hard work, back pain, muscle and ligaments pulled, pain in joints, and more suffering without any hope for help. This is why old people from the past are always bent and crooked. I can't hear when people say that people used to be healthier than now. I'll continue this topic later, enough for now.

No comments: