Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sorry, today it's not about teaching.

Today in the news (ABC 6 a.m.) they told us about a family that had to hide from doctors and authorities. The family has a son with some kind of cancer; the doctors want to treat the boy with chemotherapy; the family chooses to use alternative medicine. When I hear cases like this I can’t stop thinking about the state of our medicine. This kind of news put me in a constant state of horror, one day they will come after me in an attempt to save me from myself. Only people with special interest or brainwashed idiots may think that the suffering this family is going through can be fixed in court. Prosecutor can’t care about the health of this boy more than the parents. The doctors can’t tell us that we have to pay for their treatment over the treatment of our choice. Pharmaceutical companies can’t be always right. These doctors can’t cure anything with an exception for some surgeries (which make us incomplete anyway); they can only convert us into chronically ill people so they could collect our money for the rest of our lives. It pays if we live longer and seeker. It is not in the interest of any doctor to really cure us. I have to admit that it’s not in their interest if we die either because then only the funeral services will collect. The doctors can’t cure us because they do not know how. Every medicine they try to use to cure one part of the body turns out to be poisonous to some other part. There are so many new disorders and malfunctions of different organs that it, by itself, is an epidemic right now. Man-made epidemics: epidemics created by doctors and pharmaceutical companies while experimenting on us their new medications. Have you heard this commercial that tell that 57% of an experimental group showed that the medication worked? What???? 57% is a half. What kind of a conclusion can you base on 57%? Shame on both the company and the FDA that allowed this medicine; now 43% of people who try this medicine are at risk. Thank goodness the insurance companies are on our side: they just refuse to pay for these experiments. This permanent state of experimentation made me think of modern medicine as a large Lab where all of us are a large experimental group. One question has still been unanswered: why do we have to pay for the experiment? Even if I agree to allow the doctors to experiment on my body I would expect them to pay me for putting my life at risk. The opposite is happening in real life: I am required to pay for becoming the subject of their experimentations. The logical conclusion to this absurd situation is there already in today’s news: we can’t even say no to that treatment any longer, the doctors, authorities, and pharmaceutical companies will send police after me to enforce the medication. I am taking this event so personally because I recently had similar experience. Luckily the authority were not after me to force unwanted medication and the insurance didn’t pay, so I didn’t have to buy the pills that supposed to cure me from so called Type 2 Diabetes.

No comments: